untitled
fingers tip-tapping their dance on keyboard. staccato
iTunes launch button depressed and released. click
received instant message tone. tinkle
song selected. click click
instant message window selected. click
Gamer: yes, but i can't help it. i have to stay away from her
Author: you sure? somehow i doubt that's the best solution
Gamer: i'm doing that now
Author: that bites
Gamer: i don't know. i sorta expected it, somehow
Author: i'm in a similar situation myself, except it's a little worse than yours
Gamer: yeah. couldn't see a way out. if i had persisted, things would probably be worse than they are now
Author: somehow, i don't think so. but it doesn't matter what i think now. all that matters is how you are
Gamer: honestly? i don't know.
Author: i understand, dude. trust me, i do.
iTunes launch button depressed and released. click
received instant message tone. tinkle
song selected. click click
instant message window selected. click
-------------
Gamer: yes, but i can't help it. i have to stay away from her
[And Aubrey was her name/A not so ordinary name]
Author: you sure? somehow i doubt that's the best solution
[But who's to blame/For a love that wouldn't bloom/For the hearts that never played in tune]
Author: it might be easier if you stood up to the plate[Like a lovely melody that everyone can sing/Take away the words that rhyme it doesn't mean a thing]
Gamer: i'm doing that now
[And Aubrey was her name]
Gamer: she confronted me about it. not much of a choice there[We tripped the light and danced together to the moon]
Author: that bites
[But where was June/No it never came around]
Author: how are you holding up?[If it did it never made a sound]
Author: i mean, i kinda understand what you're experiencing, but somehow i think this time it's a little different[Maybe I was absent or was listening too fast/Catching all the words but the meaning going past]
Gamer: i don't know. i sorta expected it, somehow
[But God I miss the girl]
Gamer: but i really had to do it. i had to keep a distance from her, or i might hurt her[And I'd go a thousand times around the world just to be closer to her than me]
Author: i'm in a similar situation myself, except it's a little worse than yours
[And Aubrey was her name]
Author: i can't say that i fully understand, but i appreciate and empathize with your reasons[I never knew her, but I loved her just the same/I loved her name]
Gamer: yeah. couldn't see a way out. if i had persisted, things would probably be worse than they are now
[Wish I had found the way/And the reasons that would make her stay]
Author: somehow, i don't think so. but it doesn't matter what i think now. all that matters is how you are
[I have learned to lead a life apart from all the rest]
Gamer: honestly? i don't know.
[If I can't have the one I want/I'll do without the best]
Author: i understand, dude. trust me, i do.
[But how I miss the girl/And I'd go a million times around the world just to say/She'd been mine for a day]
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home