because it's you
"It's always been like that - since Day 1 that I met you. Have I ever asked you for anything since we met?
"Why? Because it's always been about you."
Ever wonder why someone's special to you? Not merely in that romantic fashion, but your best/close friends, the buddies that you hang out with, the ones who send you sweet messages unexpectedly - the ones who are special to you. Essentially, they're the ones you hold dear, the ones you treasure.
Most of the time, we expect something from that special someone (see aforementioned context) - at the very least, we expect reciprocity. A shoulder to lean on when we're tired. A hand over ours when we feel down in the dumps. A smile to accompany ours when we have one as well. An iPod to share, perhaps. Or someone to carry your shades, or your jacket while you browse the racks for that perfect pair of shoes.
But just oh-so-rarely, it happens that we don't ask for anything along those lines. We don't ask to be comforted, to lean on, for company, to share, to bear loads.
We merely want to be with that person, to share in their presence: we want to just sit next to her/him; we want to simply be eating at the same table; we merely want to be in the same room - we just want to be. And why?
"Because it's you."
I could dress those three (well, technically four, but who's counting?) words in stripes and bright neon colors, adorn them with bells, whistles and tassels, then wrap all of it up with polka-dotted paper and a crepe ribbon, but the message remains the same. It's you that matters, and not the things that you do.
With individuals like these, we don't ask for anything. Not even the slightest thing.
Why would we?
It's you, and that's all I need, and want.
-------------
I've never asked you for anything, you know that. I've only ever asked for you to be happy, and to be safe. It's you, and that's all that matters to me. Call me silly, call me retarded, call me delusional - call me a fool if you would: I'd gladly be all these things, and more, if you're happy and safe.
Sacrifices are only so if there's something that I'm giving up in order to satisfy your desires, or you. But if I'm not giving up something that's more important just because you're right up there in order to be with you and in your presences, it can't be a sacrifice, can it?
I honestly should not - no, I cannot - ask for anything else, because you're in my life now.
-------------
P.S. Who am I talking about? It's not really all that hard to figure out.
"Why? Because it's always been about you."
Ever wonder why someone's special to you? Not merely in that romantic fashion, but your best/close friends, the buddies that you hang out with, the ones who send you sweet messages unexpectedly - the ones who are special to you. Essentially, they're the ones you hold dear, the ones you treasure.
Most of the time, we expect something from that special someone (see aforementioned context) - at the very least, we expect reciprocity. A shoulder to lean on when we're tired. A hand over ours when we feel down in the dumps. A smile to accompany ours when we have one as well. An iPod to share, perhaps. Or someone to carry your shades, or your jacket while you browse the racks for that perfect pair of shoes.
But just oh-so-rarely, it happens that we don't ask for anything along those lines. We don't ask to be comforted, to lean on, for company, to share, to bear loads.
We merely want to be with that person, to share in their presence: we want to just sit next to her/him; we want to simply be eating at the same table; we merely want to be in the same room - we just want to be. And why?
"Because it's you."
I could dress those three (well, technically four, but who's counting?) words in stripes and bright neon colors, adorn them with bells, whistles and tassels, then wrap all of it up with polka-dotted paper and a crepe ribbon, but the message remains the same. It's you that matters, and not the things that you do.
With individuals like these, we don't ask for anything. Not even the slightest thing.
Why would we?
It's you, and that's all I need, and want.
-------------
I've never asked you for anything, you know that. I've only ever asked for you to be happy, and to be safe. It's you, and that's all that matters to me. Call me silly, call me retarded, call me delusional - call me a fool if you would: I'd gladly be all these things, and more, if you're happy and safe.
Sacrifices are only so if there's something that I'm giving up in order to satisfy your desires, or you. But if I'm not giving up something that's more important just because you're right up there in order to be with you and in your presences, it can't be a sacrifice, can it?
I honestly should not - no, I cannot - ask for anything else, because you're in my life now.
-------------
P.S. Who am I talking about? It's not really all that hard to figure out.
It's you.
Yes, you.
(I really mean you, the reader. No, really. Okay, fine. You go figure.)
In case you didn't notice, I made the font a little bigger for you.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home