Thursday, April 05, 2007

ramblings in spring snow

Dude:

You've got to learn to let go. She's history - bad history. It's over, and you know it. Don't let her, her emails and them being together get to you, because that's just going to screw you over so badly it isn't going to be even remotely near screwed up.

Wanting revenge is a little pointless, really. So what if you get your revenge, and you see him in pain? How would that solve anything? It just makes you seem narrow-minded and mean-spirited. You believe in a God, whatever God may be, and I doubt that God would desire that in his creations. Besides, doing something out of spite does nothing whatsoever - an eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind.

Ignore her emails, brush off her questions, disregard her presence. I know it's hard, but you can't let her affect you like that. Ultimately, she is just a person, even if you have a history with her. She chose to turn her back on your shared history, and to give it all up for someone else. Yes, I know it fucking sucks, and no, you do not deserve any of this - no one does. But it happened, is happening right now and it will continue to happen to people. You've just got to move on.

We are, after all, only human.

Take it in your stride, and learn from it. Life isn't meant to be easy; if it were, people would have no need for psychologists, therapists, yoga and philosophers. (Which would suck, because it'll mean I'll be out of a job and all I've been engaging in for the last three years of my life is intellectual masturbation. And damn it, if I don't get anything out of it (apart from the sheer frustration of constant mindfucks and bald spots in my scalp), I want to be able to say at the very least that I could help someone.)

Dude, shit happens. Welcome to life.

-------------

Medieval Philosophy II ended today, with no fanfare whatsoever. I have a gut feeling that I'll miss Dr G though. I really like his teaching style, and his knowledge of Latin, ancient and medieval philosophy together with his ability to relate it to modern semiotics and philosophy of language is nothing short of intimidating. He scares me. At the same time though, Dr G (and Dr Z) have been my role models throughout my undergraduate life, two amazing individuals that I want to emulate (at least as an academic).

-------------

It's officially Spring here, but damn it, it snowed today. Well, to give Nature some credit, it was a rain/snow mix earlier in the day, but it improved to a snowfall later in the evening and through the early part of the night. I think it's stopped snowing now though. If I didn't know better, I would have thought it was January out there.

-------------

It's already April 5th, and I only have 25 more days before I leave Montreal. I am seriously looking forward to returning to Singapore, because I'm going back for three utterly amazing and fabulous individuals - you know who you are respectively. I've yet to pack any of my stuff, and I've just been accumulating more and more things. It's pretty scary, thinking that I'll have to somehow bring all this stuff back. Books, mostly. I can't believe I bought - and read - so many books in the last 3 years. Imagine, I have 2 10-litre plastic boxes filled to the brim with books, and I have 3 little piles of 3-6 books on my Ikea cabinet, the radiator and on one of the aforementioned plastic boxes. Packing is going to kill me, literally. I will die.

I don't even want to think about carrying them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home