Why? I don't understand why. We grew up in the same household, yet we couldn't be more different. You're screwing up your own life royally, and you have the audacity to be angry at me. Don't you fucking get angry at me for pointing out that you're a major fuckup - because you are.
And the both of you. You're not coming - fine. I always suspected that you wouldn't come. This pretty much proves that all you said about letting me make my own decisions a big lie, really. Honestly, it doesn't really matter if you come or not. I'm proud of myself, and I know my friends - my family now - are. Don't you dare tell people you're proud of me, because your actions prove otherwise. I completed my degree on my own terms using my own abilities. I'm proud that I will graduate with an Honours in Philosophy with Distinction, a discipline that was originally utter unfamiliar ground to me.
A close friend - I really see her as my sister, really - told me today that she was proud of me. That even if my parents weren't going to appreciate me, she would.
Knowing that made my day. Thank you - you know who you are. Like I said, I would totally give you a hug till you were completely deflated.
And the both of you. You're not coming - fine. I always suspected that you wouldn't come. This pretty much proves that all you said about letting me make my own decisions a big lie, really. Honestly, it doesn't really matter if you come or not. I'm proud of myself, and I know my friends - my family now - are. Don't you dare tell people you're proud of me, because your actions prove otherwise. I completed my degree on my own terms using my own abilities. I'm proud that I will graduate with an Honours in Philosophy with Distinction, a discipline that was originally utter unfamiliar ground to me.
A close friend - I really see her as my sister, really - told me today that she was proud of me. That even if my parents weren't going to appreciate me, she would.
Knowing that made my day. Thank you - you know who you are. Like I said, I would totally give you a hug till you were completely deflated.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home