Saturday, January 06, 2007

So it's a new year, huh? I guess it had to happen sooner or later.

Some things that I am looking forward to: graduation/Convocation (hopefully to graduate with Distinction), graduate school, meeting Sarah and associates soon, feeling like a tourist in Singapore.

Some things that I am not looking forward to: graduation (I haven't really enjoyed my undergraduate university life yet), graduate school, going back to Singapore, dealing with all my bills and stuff when it comes to leave my little apartment.

I know, I made contradictions. On one hand, I can't wait to graduate, because it'll be a sign that I actually met my goals of graduating with an Honours degree and with Distinction; on the other, graduation potentially means leaving Montreal. And graduate school - I want to go on to graduate school to learn more, and to advance my academic interests, yet I'm afraid that I won't be able to excel in my Masters (much less PhD). What can I say? I'm a walking contradiction.

Then again, most people are.

So my classes this semester are actually looking pretty damn difficult, even though I aimed for an easy last semester: a Political Science class (Hellenistic, Roman and Medieval Political Philosophy), a Religion class (Magic, Witchcraft and Religion), a Philosophy class (Medieval Philosophy II), and an individual Philosophy tutorial specializing in Advanced Logic. I have no idea why I keep torturing myself with difficult classes - I guess I'm intellectually masochistic. There's nothing quite like bashing my brains to a pulp with insane concepts and crazy ideas.

By the way, I've actually written a new story that is a continuation of a much older one, and if you want to read it/are curious about it/want to pass it off as your own, get in touch with me and I'll give you a copy. Comments/flames would be much appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home