Damn I'm tired. I have no reason to be up at this hour, and yet I'm still up. Call me crazy.
Life's been decent. I could do with a little more sleep, but damn it, I just can't rest my mind. It's running like a hobo on crack lusting for a hot sandwich. I have no idea how that analogy is supposed to illustrate the frenzy that's my mind, but you get the idea.
In so many ways, I'm glad that I'm here. Wouldn't be able to freeze my arse in -28 degree weather or take my chances while walking on black ice anywhere else. I dread the idea of returning to Singapore for the long run. I think I'd rather poke my eye out with a stick. A dull stick.
I don't want the 26th to arrive because I don't fancy dressing up. Any event that calls for a dress code above smart casual is just wrong. Plain and simple as that. But I absolutely have to go. At least my (one-off) date's smart.
I have no idea what my point in this post is. I'm just writing whatever that comes to mind. Well, not everything. Most things would get me into a whole load of trouble - trouble that I can (and will) gladly forego.
I hope I get to go to graduate school. There's got to be a graduate admissions committee that's blind enough to accept a fool like me. Then I get to figure out how to slide and ooze my way through grad school and get my sweet sweet MA. Or MSc, if Amsterdam takes me. Unlikely, but stranger things have happened before.
Speaking of strange things, the weirdest thing ever to involve me occurred recently. I'm not going to repeat it here because I think they're wrong. If there's ever a universally wrong statement uttered by the students in the Department, those have got to be it.
Damn it, I'm going to bed. My toes are freezing.
Life's been decent. I could do with a little more sleep, but damn it, I just can't rest my mind. It's running like a hobo on crack lusting for a hot sandwich. I have no idea how that analogy is supposed to illustrate the frenzy that's my mind, but you get the idea.
In so many ways, I'm glad that I'm here. Wouldn't be able to freeze my arse in -28 degree weather or take my chances while walking on black ice anywhere else. I dread the idea of returning to Singapore for the long run. I think I'd rather poke my eye out with a stick. A dull stick.
I don't want the 26th to arrive because I don't fancy dressing up. Any event that calls for a dress code above smart casual is just wrong. Plain and simple as that. But I absolutely have to go. At least my (one-off) date's smart.
I have no idea what my point in this post is. I'm just writing whatever that comes to mind. Well, not everything. Most things would get me into a whole load of trouble - trouble that I can (and will) gladly forego.
I hope I get to go to graduate school. There's got to be a graduate admissions committee that's blind enough to accept a fool like me. Then I get to figure out how to slide and ooze my way through grad school and get my sweet sweet MA. Or MSc, if Amsterdam takes me. Unlikely, but stranger things have happened before.
Speaking of strange things, the weirdest thing ever to involve me occurred recently. I'm not going to repeat it here because I think they're wrong. If there's ever a universally wrong statement uttered by the students in the Department, those have got to be it.
Damn it, I'm going to bed. My toes are freezing.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home