home
A couple of friends came over on the 22nd, and just left. Friends - technically one friend, since the other was his friend - that I've not met since secondary school. Naturally, I took them sightseeing: Old Montreal, the Old Port, the Olympic Park/Biodome, Jardin Botanique, Parc Mont-Royal, Notre-Dame Basilica etc... the usual touristy stuff.
And yet the highlight of it all (for me) was last night, perched on the railings of a viewing area at the Saint-Joseph Oratory. The scene was awesome, and right out of a postcard: the sun was setting, the city was slowly turning itself on, and we had the entire viewing area to ourselves. After taking photographs of the city, I took a deep breath, and thought to myself, "Where is home?"
And it struck me: Montreal has become my home.
It's become so ingrained in me that I actually think of Singapore as "somewhere else," and no longer "home." When we were talking about our plans after graduation, I said, "I don't think I'll want to go to Singapore again," rather than "I don't think I'll go back to Singapore."
As I lay in bed that night, exhausted from all the walking and climbing, I thought to myself,
"This is my home."
And so, Merry Christmas from my home in faraway Montreal to the people I hold dear and love: my sister, Sarah, Glen, Le Raine and Siew Ling. I hope the holidays were kind to you, and that the new year holds more promises, surprises and fulfilled dreams for each of you.
And yet the highlight of it all (for me) was last night, perched on the railings of a viewing area at the Saint-Joseph Oratory. The scene was awesome, and right out of a postcard: the sun was setting, the city was slowly turning itself on, and we had the entire viewing area to ourselves. After taking photographs of the city, I took a deep breath, and thought to myself, "Where is home?"
And it struck me: Montreal has become my home.
It's become so ingrained in me that I actually think of Singapore as "somewhere else," and no longer "home." When we were talking about our plans after graduation, I said, "I don't think I'll want to go to Singapore again," rather than "I don't think I'll go back to Singapore."
As I lay in bed that night, exhausted from all the walking and climbing, I thought to myself,
"This is my home."
And so, Merry Christmas from my home in faraway Montreal to the people I hold dear and love: my sister, Sarah, Glen, Le Raine and Siew Ling. I hope the holidays were kind to you, and that the new year holds more promises, surprises and fulfilled dreams for each of you.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home