Yup, happy birthday to me. To satisfy the curious, no, I didn't do anything to commemorate this day - well, I didn't do any work at all, barring the notes that I took in Medieval Philosophy. And my roommate hit me in the face with a cat toy. Don't ask.
I guess my birthday doesn't really mean anything much to me. Sometimes I think birthdays are evil, because they remind me of the things that I've not accomplished - yet. I'm already 23. But well, I'll be graduating with Honours in Philosophy soon, so I'll be relying on my little Baccalaurate (in medieval times, it actually referred to an "unemployed knight") to explain what I've been wasting my time on these last 3 years.
Birthday wishes - Just two, but I'll keep one of them to myself, thankyouverymuch. The other is for my acceptance into my first choice of graduate programs. I'm not sure that I'll be able to do as well as I am doing right now in that program, but hey, no harm giving a shot. The worst thing that could happen is that I don't find a job in academia. Which means that I might have to go back to school and get a second degree - and that's a rather terrifying thought.
I guess my birthday doesn't really mean anything much to me. Sometimes I think birthdays are evil, because they remind me of the things that I've not accomplished - yet. I'm already 23. But well, I'll be graduating with Honours in Philosophy soon, so I'll be relying on my little Baccalaurate (in medieval times, it actually referred to an "unemployed knight") to explain what I've been wasting my time on these last 3 years.
Birthday wishes - Just two, but I'll keep one of them to myself, thankyouverymuch. The other is for my acceptance into my first choice of graduate programs. I'm not sure that I'll be able to do as well as I am doing right now in that program, but hey, no harm giving a shot. The worst thing that could happen is that I don't find a job in academia. Which means that I might have to go back to school and get a second degree - and that's a rather terrifying thought.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home