wishes
To my dearest Sarah,
I am writing this in honour of your 17th birthday, admittedly a day early, but I might forget, given my workload and all.
It's been a while since we first met. I can still see you in my memories: you struck me as tall, and relatively cute. You were dressed in a white top and jeans, and you had your hair free. I vaguely remember moving around the apartment serving people and strenously avoiding small talk, and bringing some drinks to where you were seated with your mom. The both of you were chatting with my mom, but sweetheart, you looked bored out of your mind. Aren't you glad that I chipped in there and then? And so, we started talking.
And when your parents wanted to leave, you didn't want to - I know you didn't. (Or maybe it's just me.)
Despite the years, you're still you: tall, and I'd venture that you're still relatively cute. You're probably just as chatty (and crazy) as ever. Nonetheless, you've changed as well: wiser, more caring, and best of all, you've changed to be my really really really good friend. Not that I had many friends to begin with, but you're up there with the absolute best.
I'm honoured that you always come to me with your bizarre questions, and that you think I'm your MiniWikiMan.
You've talked me through some of my most insane and unsettling moments, helping me see that I'm not alone in this world after all - and for that, I am eternally grateful. I am thankful that you consider me a trusted friend, and I am thankful that somehow along the way, we became really good friends.
I am thankful that you, are you.
Here's to you, and you turning 17. I know we'll grow to be closer friends (but not too close, you'll flick my ear again) as the years fly by, and I can't wait to watch you mature into a lady. And I'm utterly delighted that I have a ringside seat.
So sweetheart, you should know by now that you're loved by someone halfway across the world, and I do miss hanging out with you.
Happy birthday.
Love,
Nigel
I am writing this in honour of your 17th birthday, admittedly a day early, but I might forget, given my workload and all.
It's been a while since we first met. I can still see you in my memories: you struck me as tall, and relatively cute. You were dressed in a white top and jeans, and you had your hair free. I vaguely remember moving around the apartment serving people and strenously avoiding small talk, and bringing some drinks to where you were seated with your mom. The both of you were chatting with my mom, but sweetheart, you looked bored out of your mind. Aren't you glad that I chipped in there and then? And so, we started talking.
And when your parents wanted to leave, you didn't want to - I know you didn't. (Or maybe it's just me.)
Despite the years, you're still you: tall, and I'd venture that you're still relatively cute. You're probably just as chatty (and crazy) as ever. Nonetheless, you've changed as well: wiser, more caring, and best of all, you've changed to be my really really really good friend. Not that I had many friends to begin with, but you're up there with the absolute best.
I'm honoured that you always come to me with your bizarre questions, and that you think I'm your MiniWikiMan.
You've talked me through some of my most insane and unsettling moments, helping me see that I'm not alone in this world after all - and for that, I am eternally grateful. I am thankful that you consider me a trusted friend, and I am thankful that somehow along the way, we became really good friends.
I am thankful that you, are you.
Here's to you, and you turning 17. I know we'll grow to be closer friends (but not too close, you'll flick my ear again) as the years fly by, and I can't wait to watch you mature into a lady. And I'm utterly delighted that I have a ringside seat.
So sweetheart, you should know by now that you're loved by someone halfway across the world, and I do miss hanging out with you.
Happy birthday.
Love,
Nigel
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home