montreal
Just thought I'll update it a little, since it's been 2 weeks from my last post.
As usual, there's nothing of any significance going on in my life right now... but like all my projects, the devil's in the details. I took a walk through the park near my place a few days ago (it was the second time), and I realized just how gorgeous it was. You know those pictures you see on postcards of lush green areas, squirrels hunkering under the shade of a tree muching something, and the too-blue sky? I saw it for myself. That's the park. Sure, when winter approaches, the trees burst into a riot of oranges and yellows and reds, and soon, they'll be blanketed with the powdery white of snow, and the ponds will freeze over. But well, that's beauty in itself too, no?
Montreal definitely ranks as one of the most beautiful cities that I've seen for myself (discounting those on TV), alongside with Paris (the quintessential choice) and Lucerne. And I have been to my fair share of cities in the world, so I guess Montreal ranking that high up does count for something.
The more time I spend here, the more I want to live here. Yeah, I know it could just be what I call "traveller's inertia," but damn, it's gorgeous. There's all sorts of food available, it's safe, it's fairly affordable to live in, the standard of living is excellent... what more could you ask for? Best of all, there's freedom in almost anything you choose to do, or are. It's probably the most diverse and accepting cities with regards to sexuality (the inaugural Outgames were held here this year), it's got a vibrant music and arts scene (Jazz Fest, anyone?)... the list goes on. Of course, like any other major city in the world, it's got its fair share of crime and vandalism and so on so forth (I wish they made better roads), but that's just a price to pay for living in a city. Plus, I sorta buy into the myth(?) that women in Montreal are among the world's most beautiful - if not THE most beautiful.
Ah. Montreal.
As usual, there's nothing of any significance going on in my life right now... but like all my projects, the devil's in the details. I took a walk through the park near my place a few days ago (it was the second time), and I realized just how gorgeous it was. You know those pictures you see on postcards of lush green areas, squirrels hunkering under the shade of a tree muching something, and the too-blue sky? I saw it for myself. That's the park. Sure, when winter approaches, the trees burst into a riot of oranges and yellows and reds, and soon, they'll be blanketed with the powdery white of snow, and the ponds will freeze over. But well, that's beauty in itself too, no?
Montreal definitely ranks as one of the most beautiful cities that I've seen for myself (discounting those on TV), alongside with Paris (the quintessential choice) and Lucerne. And I have been to my fair share of cities in the world, so I guess Montreal ranking that high up does count for something.
The more time I spend here, the more I want to live here. Yeah, I know it could just be what I call "traveller's inertia," but damn, it's gorgeous. There's all sorts of food available, it's safe, it's fairly affordable to live in, the standard of living is excellent... what more could you ask for? Best of all, there's freedom in almost anything you choose to do, or are. It's probably the most diverse and accepting cities with regards to sexuality (the inaugural Outgames were held here this year), it's got a vibrant music and arts scene (Jazz Fest, anyone?)... the list goes on. Of course, like any other major city in the world, it's got its fair share of crime and vandalism and so on so forth (I wish they made better roads), but that's just a price to pay for living in a city. Plus, I sorta buy into the myth(?) that women in Montreal are among the world's most beautiful - if not THE most beautiful.
Ah. Montreal.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home