thoughts
Again. Back to their monkey business again. I just can't understand them at all. Why do they jump to conclusions so quickly, then stick to them like crazy glue even in the face of contradictory evidence? Are they truly so blind? I mean, what the fuck. I would love to call them stupid, but they're able to come up with really creative ways of justifying their actions.
Yes, my parents.
They're on my sister's back again, and pulling the same old "no allowance and no job while you're studying" stunt again. Funny how it always comes back to money - recall my own parents threatening to pull the financial rug under me if I continued seeing my girl then. Honestly, they think money is everything. True, it means a damn lot to my sis and me, but that stunt is getting old, and it's extremely underhanded.
So my sister is growing up. I never quite understand how people fall into the fallacy of believing that "if person A can do thing X, then person B can likewise do thing X." And expectations too. Expectations are weird things. They can motivate someone, but can also cause great mental anguish to said person as well. And so... that's where my sister is. She's got expectations that are, in my opinion, unrealistic. It may be my fault because of the way I am, but if anything, it's also their fault for setting those same expectations on her too. Just because she's getting older doesn't necessarily equate to taking on responsibilities. And if you think that way, you're so wrong. If you'll take some time out and logically follow your thoughts from start to end, you should be able to see what I mean. I don't expect you to agree, just to see my point of view.
Yes, sometimes I think my sister is spoilt and whiny. Yes, sometimes I think she should do a little more. But all that is just me and my own thoughts, nothing else. I recognize the fact that my sister is her own woman, and she should have the right to make her own decisions about her own life. If they are the wrong ones, all I can do is to attempt to guide her, and provide her with information about every possible choice to the best of my knowledge. I should then trust her to make her own decisions based on her own value systems, maxims, morals and ethos. As parents who willingly had this child of their own will and volition, wouldn't their parental duty be to support her decision?
And for you, babe: yes, we have very different value systems. I value many things, but some things are of utmost importance to me, even over relationships. I'll try to list these things as they come to mind:
1. Liberty/freedom to make choices
2. Individuality - you are your own person
3. Knowledge
4. Consistency, but with an emphasis on situationality as well
5. Personal integrity
6. Personal effort and persistence
Sounds like a tough list to live up to, but I try my best. And honestly? I think I'm doing a damn fine job of living each and every one of these 6 things myself. You probably will disagree... but well, you are your own person and you have your own personal liberty. LOL.
Ah well. I'm a relatively smart person, I'll see if I can fix things.
I love puzzles.
Yes, my parents.
They're on my sister's back again, and pulling the same old "no allowance and no job while you're studying" stunt again. Funny how it always comes back to money - recall my own parents threatening to pull the financial rug under me if I continued seeing my girl then. Honestly, they think money is everything. True, it means a damn lot to my sis and me, but that stunt is getting old, and it's extremely underhanded.
So my sister is growing up. I never quite understand how people fall into the fallacy of believing that "if person A can do thing X, then person B can likewise do thing X." And expectations too. Expectations are weird things. They can motivate someone, but can also cause great mental anguish to said person as well. And so... that's where my sister is. She's got expectations that are, in my opinion, unrealistic. It may be my fault because of the way I am, but if anything, it's also their fault for setting those same expectations on her too. Just because she's getting older doesn't necessarily equate to taking on responsibilities. And if you think that way, you're so wrong. If you'll take some time out and logically follow your thoughts from start to end, you should be able to see what I mean. I don't expect you to agree, just to see my point of view.
Yes, sometimes I think my sister is spoilt and whiny. Yes, sometimes I think she should do a little more. But all that is just me and my own thoughts, nothing else. I recognize the fact that my sister is her own woman, and she should have the right to make her own decisions about her own life. If they are the wrong ones, all I can do is to attempt to guide her, and provide her with information about every possible choice to the best of my knowledge. I should then trust her to make her own decisions based on her own value systems, maxims, morals and ethos. As parents who willingly had this child of their own will and volition, wouldn't their parental duty be to support her decision?
And for you, babe: yes, we have very different value systems. I value many things, but some things are of utmost importance to me, even over relationships. I'll try to list these things as they come to mind:
1. Liberty/freedom to make choices
2. Individuality - you are your own person
3. Knowledge
4. Consistency, but with an emphasis on situationality as well
5. Personal integrity
6. Personal effort and persistence
Sounds like a tough list to live up to, but I try my best. And honestly? I think I'm doing a damn fine job of living each and every one of these 6 things myself. You probably will disagree... but well, you are your own person and you have your own personal liberty. LOL.
Ah well. I'm a relatively smart person, I'll see if I can fix things.
I love puzzles.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home