Monday, April 10, 2006

update

Just thought that I'll blog a little - if anything, it's to disappoint those who are hoping that I'm dead and/or lying unconscious in a gutter. You know who you are. LOL.

Nothing's much been going down with me. Pretty much the usual: school, term papers to write, then rushing to finish them, then studying for the occasional in-class exams (I friggin' hate these - how can philosophy be tested within a fixed time period? Socrates would turn in his grave if he knew.). Other than that, nothing much.

On the non-academic front, I've decided to apply for PR status here in Canada (cue cheering and hooray-s). The very thought of going back to Singapore just... repulses me. Eek. After reading all the philosophy and thinking all those philosophical thoughts, I just can't stomach the thought of even having to return. Gross. I think the only reason I'll go back is to see my friends who are trapped in that dastardly place. You know, the people that I usually (or always, rather. heck, it's more like only.) hang out with... the dudes who helped me limp through the dreaded two years called JC. Those are the people whom I would want to remain friends with for forever. Other than that, I can't really think of any other compelling reason that would literally force me to go back to Singapore. Besides, I don't want to waste any more of my already-too-short lifespan in reservist training. How retarded. *rolls eyes*

What's that? Family, you say? Unlikely. My family's weird (to put it nicely), to say the very least. I wouldn't want to spend (aka waste) my time in Singapore "just spending time with my family." I mean, what the ***k does that mean anyway? Like I said, life is short enough as it is, and there's so much more to learn, see and do. Don't pull that "oh, but it's family after all." That's total BS through and through.

And no, I won't go back to Singapore for a girl - whoever she may be. No more romantic notions for me. I don't know what it means, nor do I want some sort of romantic notion floating around in my headspace literally gumming up my thoughts. I can't deal with anything like that at this point in time, nor do I want to. My only love right now is still philosophy - sure, it frustrates me most of the time, but girls do that anyway. And of course it confuses me, but don't most relationships confuse people too? At least with philosophy, there are theories and systems with which to build a framework, and thus to arrive at an answer. With relationships, there's nothing with which I can build my reason or theory on. (Don't give me that "you can't reason through love," or that "why think? Just go with the flow" BS, cos', well, it's BS. And every decision you make is based on a fact-value-consequence weightage, and that is rational i.e. reason.)

So I guess I've pretty much exhausted all the reasons to return to Singapore. Screw it.

On the flipside, I'm pleased with the paper that I wrote in the Kant class. It was a total and veritable pain in the ass, but man, I'm pleased with it. I just hope Dr Z likes it too.

Alrighty, time to get started on my next paper - it's on energy sources, Martin Heidegger, and John Passmore. Nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home