Sunday, March 12, 2006

spring

The temperature these days have been above 5 degrees... which clearly is a sign of the end of winter and that spring's coming. It's great. It just totally reminds me of why I love Montreal so much. This is definitely a place that I can see myself living in for the long run. Sure, I don't know many people here, and the winters can (allegedly) be very cold, but it's a great place to live in.

I don't know if it's the people that I know here or the city itself that makes Montreal the place that I love - but I love it all the same. I've decided to apply for Permanent Residence status here, and I'll start the procedure this summer. I am fairly confident of getting it though. Montreal has now become home for me. I've got a little apartment that is comfortable, and it's my place where I read, eat, study... it's where my life now is. And Singapore? It's really just a distant memory now. To be honest, I'm starting to forget some things and people in Singapore. Like last evening, when I was wondering why a friend's number had 8 digits instead of the standard 7 digits here in Canada (and no city code too). Heh.

As the old saying goes, home is where the heart is. And my heart is here in Montreal, where I've learnt the meaning of education, the essence of freedom and independence, and most of all, I've learnt about what I want my life to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home