five random facts
Alright: because I've been "tagged" by the babe Sarah, I'm supposed to spew 5 random facts about myself. Might as well get it done now, since I just tagged.
1. I love thinking. It's amazing how people today actually don't put enough effort into thinking. Sure, we all think, but how aware are you of your thinking? That's what I'm getting at. Thinking without awareness seems... useless. Thinking with awareness is what separates us from your little hamster. I am at least able to say that I am different from an animal because I have this faculty. Think about it. :)
2. Books. Books. And more books. I love reading. That's the one thing that I would say that is definite about myself. There's just so much to appreciate in books. The style of writing, the vocabulary used, the thought processes present in them, the time the author put in - these are just some things that anyone should appreciate about books. Of course, any additional effects, like trivia and copying of plots for your secondary school essays are useful too. :)
3. I honestly cannot give a f*** about how I look. How we look physically is determined by the genetic gods. If you're born with a face like Audrey Hepburn, good for you; if you're born looking like (insert your fave ugly thing/person), well, why be upset or obsessed about it? You can't change it, short of extensive plastic surgery. Sure you can learn to dress well, and this is what I cannot care about. Clothes do not make a man. Man makes himself. Sure, I can be decked out in the swishest threads, but when I open my mouth and I spew rubbish, what's the point? I'd rather go around in a barrel and be smart - or at least be interesting.
4. I enjoy both conversations, and quietness. I understand that it seems to be a contradiction, but it's true. I really enjoy conversations about... well, stuff. Anything from movies to sunsets to philosophy is good for me. And for those who know me well enough, you'd usually have to move the conversation along, cos' I just don't talk much. (Sure, I have my lame quips, but that's not a conversation.) And quietness? At times when the conversation just seems to come to a lull, it's alright. Sometimes silence (and body language) says much more. :)
5. This last one might be a tad embarassing, but hey, wtf. LOL. I have a slight fear of water and a rather queer fear of mirrors. That's why I never did learn to swim properly. I just don't feel comfortable with the idea of being in a totally unfamiliar environment. How can you feel comfortable being underwater, water in your ears and up your nose? Brrrr. And mirrors. What's up with those things? I can't explain it, other than it being a morbid fear. When I look into the eyes of my reflection/myself, I can't help but wonder who's the reflection? It's some freaky shit alright.
That's pretty much 5 arbitrary facts about me, I guess.
1. I love thinking. It's amazing how people today actually don't put enough effort into thinking. Sure, we all think, but how aware are you of your thinking? That's what I'm getting at. Thinking without awareness seems... useless. Thinking with awareness is what separates us from your little hamster. I am at least able to say that I am different from an animal because I have this faculty. Think about it. :)
2. Books. Books. And more books. I love reading. That's the one thing that I would say that is definite about myself. There's just so much to appreciate in books. The style of writing, the vocabulary used, the thought processes present in them, the time the author put in - these are just some things that anyone should appreciate about books. Of course, any additional effects, like trivia and copying of plots for your secondary school essays are useful too. :)
3. I honestly cannot give a f*** about how I look. How we look physically is determined by the genetic gods. If you're born with a face like Audrey Hepburn, good for you; if you're born looking like (insert your fave ugly thing/person)
4. I enjoy both conversations, and quietness. I understand that it seems to be a contradiction, but it's true. I really enjoy conversations about... well, stuff. Anything from movies to sunsets to philosophy is good for me. And for those who know me well enough, you'd usually have to move the conversation along, cos' I just don't talk much. (Sure, I have my lame quips, but that's not a conversation.) And quietness? At times when the conversation just seems to come to a lull, it's alright. Sometimes silence (and body language) says much more. :)
5. This last one might be a tad embarassing, but hey, wtf. LOL. I have a slight fear of water and a rather queer fear of mirrors. That's why I never did learn to swim properly. I just don't feel comfortable with the idea of being in a totally unfamiliar environment. How can you feel comfortable being underwater, water in your ears and up your nose? Brrrr. And mirrors. What's up with those things? I can't explain it, other than it being a morbid fear. When I look into the eyes of my reflection/myself, I can't help but wonder who's the reflection? It's some freaky shit alright.
That's pretty much 5 arbitrary facts about me, I guess.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home