hmm...
I'm listening to Tiffany's If Love Is Blind right now... and there's a line inside that reminded me of the most recent time I made 'my mom' cry. I remember being utterly unmoved, and feeling totally indifferent to it. She said that being with the girl that she doesn't like would affect me and my studies - and she was crying (blah blah...).
Well, the line in If Love Is Blind seems to put it rather succinctly: "If I'm the one that's wrong, then let it be my mistake."
Aptly put.
I wonder where parents should draw the line about letting their kids make mistakes. Would going to poly have been better for me? I certainly don't think I would be the person that I am today. It could be a blessing in disguise... I mean, since I was forced into JC, I spent a lot of lecture time and tutorial time (especially Math and Econs) thinking about stuff, like ethical questions and metaphysical questions. And since I couldn't give a rat's ass about reading my textbooks or notes then, I spent a lot of time "studying" my Isaac Asimov novels, Dean Koontz stories, and other more... obscure stuff. LOL. I think the most obscure thing that I ever pursued was information about the Voynich Manuscript. Hmm. It's a tough fight between the Voynich Manuscript (and alchemy) and the occult. I'm still fascinated about Tarot cards, clairvoyance, Ouija boards, seances, Satanism, Wiccanism... stuff like that. But I think I'd give my left arm to know what the Voynich Manuscript is all about.
ANYWAY, all that to say that I spent a lot of time thinking, which eventually led me to philosophy. It's like my girlfriend now. LOL. It comforts me, frustrates me, intrigues me, irritates me, teases me... true, I can't quite make out with philosophy, or hug it, but it certainly doesn't (and hasn't) let me down at all, and is always there for me when I need it. I don't need to remember when its birthday is, or answer perennially tricky questions, like, "Do I look fat in this?" Man, those questions are there to trip us guys up.
Hmm. Been talking a fair bit to Sarah (aka "the Babe") about all sorts of stuff. Somehow, whenever I talk to her, I feel... girly. Like she's my girlfriend to bitch to about things. LOL. I'm sure she'll be super impressed when she reads this. Eh, Sarah? LOL. I miss being 16. I remember not caring about school, or homework, or parents, or girls. I remember hanging out with my buds in the computer lab, playing with Lego blocks, or playing pranks on the teachers, or playing chess with the guy who sat next to me while the teacher's teaching, and best of all, I remember having fun. I remember thinking that I loved life, my friends, myself. :) It was the best time of my life. So yes, Sarah, you personify fun to me.
Haha. Anyway, just wanna say that crying doesn't work on me. I'm just utterly indifferent to it.
Well, the line in If Love Is Blind seems to put it rather succinctly: "If I'm the one that's wrong, then let it be my mistake."
Aptly put.
I wonder where parents should draw the line about letting their kids make mistakes. Would going to poly have been better for me? I certainly don't think I would be the person that I am today. It could be a blessing in disguise... I mean, since I was forced into JC, I spent a lot of lecture time and tutorial time (especially Math and Econs) thinking about stuff, like ethical questions and metaphysical questions. And since I couldn't give a rat's ass about reading my textbooks or notes then, I spent a lot of time "studying" my Isaac Asimov novels, Dean Koontz stories, and other more... obscure stuff. LOL. I think the most obscure thing that I ever pursued was information about the Voynich Manuscript. Hmm. It's a tough fight between the Voynich Manuscript (and alchemy) and the occult. I'm still fascinated about Tarot cards, clairvoyance, Ouija boards, seances, Satanism, Wiccanism... stuff like that. But I think I'd give my left arm to know what the Voynich Manuscript is all about.
ANYWAY, all that to say that I spent a lot of time thinking, which eventually led me to philosophy. It's like my girlfriend now. LOL. It comforts me, frustrates me, intrigues me, irritates me, teases me... true, I can't quite make out with philosophy, or hug it, but it certainly doesn't (and hasn't) let me down at all, and is always there for me when I need it. I don't need to remember when its birthday is, or answer perennially tricky questions, like, "Do I look fat in this?" Man, those questions are there to trip us guys up.
Hmm. Been talking a fair bit to Sarah (aka "the Babe") about all sorts of stuff. Somehow, whenever I talk to her, I feel... girly. Like she's my girlfriend to bitch to about things. LOL. I'm sure she'll be super impressed when she reads this. Eh, Sarah? LOL. I miss being 16. I remember not caring about school, or homework, or parents, or girls. I remember hanging out with my buds in the computer lab, playing with Lego blocks, or playing pranks on the teachers, or playing chess with the guy who sat next to me while the teacher's teaching, and best of all, I remember having fun. I remember thinking that I loved life, my friends, myself. :) It was the best time of my life. So yes, Sarah, you personify fun to me.
Haha. Anyway, just wanna say that crying doesn't work on me. I'm just utterly indifferent to it.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home